QUOTE (AllegraM @ 21/08/2012, 03:32 PM)
1. DH is overweight which is mainly self-inflicted. However, I understand that sleep apnea can mess with your metabolism and make you crave junk food, making weight loss difficult. Does using a CPAP machine help with weight loss?
2. How long does it take to get used to the CPAP machine?
3. Does the CPAP machine help reduce snoring (I hope this is a big yes!)
1. In my case nope, the benefit fot me was waking up without a splitting headache.
2. Took about 2 weeks, I now find it hard to go to sleep without the mask because of the association, the mask going on is a sleep trigger.
3. Yes, I basically don't snore when using it, unless I have a cold.
With my machine the sound is pretty similar to having a fan or aircon running, so really easy to ignore.