Some of you may remember my post last month about my DD's broken arm. Briefly, I took her to hospital A which x-rayed and diagnosed break. They put a half cast on, told me it would need to be on for a minimum of 2 weeks and referred her to a GP in a weeks time. The GP said she didn't treat breaks and hospital A should have referred me to the fracture clinic at Hospital B so she gave me a referral for there (and another x-ray referal to have done before visiting the fracture clinic). I phoned the fracture clinic and they refused to see DD because they only take referrals from hospitals, not GPs. Back to hospital A who can no longer help because she has been discharged and referred to GP.
So, in a nutshell, neither hospital A, hospital B nor our GP will see DD about her broken arm (which has been in a cast and not painful to her).
Now that it is almost 6 weeks I don't know what to do. General consensus seemed to be to take her to a physio who will remove the cast so I called in to see one yesterday and he told me that yes, he can remove the cast but only if I'm sure the fracture is healed.
My question is, how do I find that out? She had the x-ray done this morning and the reposrt says:
"They're are healing greenstick type fractures of the distal radius and ulna with some periosteal reation. Detail is obscured by overlying plaster.
There is mild focal deformity on the dorsal aspect of the radial fracture but no significant displacement of angular is seen.
The alignment of the ulna fracture appears to be essentially anatomical."
Based on that, do you think it is safe to remove the plaster? I know the standard response is to seek expert medical advice but given that neither of the 2 nearby hospitals, nor our GP or physio will give advice I need to decide myself.
This post has been edited by tle: 23/11/2012, 03:42 PM