QUOTE (Wahwah @ 22/11/2012, 09:08 PM)
Bit random, but if you think it is in the house or garden, I have had a couple of cases where a sickly sweet smell in the air was a dead animal. We had a dead mouse the chimney and it was this kind of smell.
That is a good point. It could almost be similar to a small dead animal, I think after eating poison they can smell sickly sweet as they rot, but why is the smell on my hands?? I washed with warm water and soap and it stayed.
I will have to see if I can still smell it tomorrow. No one else in the family mentioned it and I did ask DH a few times earlier in the day when I could smell it strong around him ( I checked him out closely and the smell was not on him. I smelt things near him such as his coffee cup and it was not those things either).