My kids will be staying in a booster until they pass the five step test.http://childrestraints.co.nz/seatbelts.php
1. Does the child sit all the way back against the auto seat?
2. Do the child's knees bend comfortably at the edge of the auto seat?
3. Does the belt cross the shoulder between the neck and arm?
4. Is the lap belt as low as possible, touching the thighs?
5. Can the child stay seated like this for the whole trip?
I anticipate DS2 will be 10yrs, DS1 12 yrs.
Generally speaking it is not j til a child is around 145cm that they are Ok without a booster. I can say this with some authority... I am 150cm small and there are some car rear seats I wish I had a half booster for me.
Eta your booster is tested with a 32kg test dummy. Also the HiLiner is sold in the Us as a seat for kids to 50kgs. The booster seats are seatbelt positioning tools.
This post has been edited by lsolaBella: 07/01/2013, 10:59 AM