So, today on my way to get my yr 8 daughter some new school pants I all of the sudden thought...I should have enrolled DS in Prep (VIC FYOS) to start why didn't I??
Has anyone changed their mind and enrolled their child last minute like I am SERIOUSLY considering??
DS did go to one transition to primary school last year, then I decided to send him to a 2nd yr of kinder instead. A few kids from his kinder have gone, and we know 2 other kids starting also thru friends, not that that is a reason at all.
I just think I freaked so much last year, agonized actually re deciding to send him or not (almost cut off April boy...cut off being end April in VIC) re the trend to hold Feb/Mar.April kids, especially boys...more so Mar/April kids, and just the though of him pretty much being one of the youngest scared me...and he is my last to go to school also (of 3 kids).
My DS1 goes to the school I intend to send DS2 to, he is in grade 6.
My DS1 a May baby, so started the year he turned 6 as he had to, and DS2 is at the same, if not higher level, emotionally, socially and academically than he was a whole yr older starting, still struggles with maths big time..3 different tutors on
Point is fretting aside I think I made a mistake and he should go but feel stupid re going to school and saying I have changed my mind. I have been seriously thinking re this all arvo.
This was fueeld by a discussion with one of his kinder friends Mums who had her eldest son complete
Prep last yr and talking re what they did etc...seems so right up his alley and his ability level for sure!!
My older two started qat a private school so the standard was a lot higher, a lot more expected and in that environment I'd wonder, but that said my eldest started their a yr older than DS2 and they wanted to repeat him in grade 1 even though he was amongst the eldest in his class already.