thank you all for your congratulations and well wishes! I'm sorry I haven't had time to come in here and post, we are slowly getting into a routine here, going from 3 hrly feeds to 4 hrly and I am hoping for a let up soon so I'll have more time to do things!
We are all going well, Nat's a little gobbleguts (I've never seen a baby so hungry, it really is a sight to see!) she is growing SO fast! We had an appt. at the MCHN on Monday and she's now 4010gms and 51.3cm long and 37.5cm head circumference! I think it was half a kilo gain in a week LOL.
CJ absolutely loves being a big sister, the change in her confidence the last 2-3 mths has been absolutely amazing, everyone especially her teachers are just astonished, and it's beautiful for me as I can see all our hard work coming out in her. I'm going pretty well, having a few sleepless nights but in general bouncing back! It's nice to have energy again!
As for Natalie's birth: I went into labour about 8am as we were getting ready for the school run, at first I thought it might be the false labours again but as it stayed regular and felt more intense, I turned around just as we were getting CJ to school I just knew it was "it" so I called Mike back from the train and got my brother to come over, and we all went to the hospital (including CJ) to get checked out at about 11am, and I was only 1cm dilated but regular... At 2.30 the midwife sent me home, she said it was regular but not intense enough and to come back if it intensified - even though I kept saying as soon as I stand up it got worse 3 fold over and they kept me sitting on the bed tied up to the machines for hours... Anyway at about 6pm at home it was much worse so I knew I had to go back (left CJ at home because we knew it would be late by this stage), I was about 5cms then. 10pm my OB came to check on me (he had another patient birthing in the room next to me, LOL she was screaming the place down and was hours behind me!) and he broke my waters and said it would be half an hour, he stayed with me and rubbed my back (what an OB he was so gentle!) and left me after midnight, he was absolutely fantastic. I had some gas only and no stitches again! Natalie had an apgar of 9 straight away, absolutely amazing, meanwhile the girl next door was still going and about to get a epi LOL... Finally about 2.30am we got to our room and into bed, I was so knackered! LOL And we brought CJ in the morning to come and meet Natalie by herself before the visitors arrived, and we went home the next day. Loved the hospital and the midwives were great, but I just wanted to get home.Bec
- congratulations once again, I love your pics of the boys they are so cute, and you are looking well, how are you feeling? Thank you for posting Natalie's arrival in here for me.
And such wonderful news that Khodi won't need surgery after all, yay!Jayne
- I feel for you honey, to be honest if those women can push you out like that and treat you that way, you don't need friends like that and neither does Caleb, and I'm sure he gets plenty of socialisation at school and from your other friends who care for you and you're better off without them. Big hugs to you, you are SO much better than they are, and they are the ones missing out on your friendship! And good on you for the extra classes for Caleb, I wish I had something like that for CJ as you know I worry about her too, and she is still behind. I can't believe those kids are teasing him at their age!
I'm sure there are areas where Caleb is ahead of his peers, literacy may not be his strong suit right now but I bet you he is taking it all in, and when he is ready he'll be right up there with the other kids!Sal
- how's school going you sound tired love... hang in there it's almost holidays! And I couldn't help laughing at your comment about pgs being contagious in here lately! LOL!!MJ
- Aww Congratulations!! Let us know what happens! Carli is adorable and so bright, how cute! LOL I always wanted more brothers and sisters when I was about 5 plus... I used to ask mum all the time when and how I could have a sister or brother which was most embarrassing for mum! LOL
My dad was about 45 too when he had his second child/second marriage and he definitely enjoyed it more the second time around than I think he did when it was my turn (he was 21 then). Helly
- I love your boys pics on FB they are so cute, congratulations again!! CJ's lost all her front teeth, the first one in Sept. 09 and she's lost one every few months since then, at one time she had 5 gaps at once she looked so funny! LOL At the dental van at school they said her adult molars are coming in! Xmas presents
- I'm so slack I have NOTHING organised!! I don't know what to get either or what we are going to do! LOL CJ says she wants a doll house and a big pink unicorn teddy which neither DH or I want to get for her... is it just me or is it getting harder every year!
Lots of love to all of you xox