26/05/2012, 10:17 AM
thought it would be good to share some yummy puree recipes to try on our bubbys.
I'll start:Roast Pumpkin puree
- Cut 1/2 butternut pumpkin into 1cm cubes
- Dry roast (no oil) for 30 mins in 200 degree oven or until soft
- Place in blender with 2 tablespoons boiled water
- Blend until smooth. You can also use a stick blender.
30/05/2012, 08:03 PM
1 large carrot, peeled and diced (if you opt for an organic carrot, this does not need peeling)
1 white potato, peeled and diced
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
A pinch of nutmeg (optional)
Homemade vegetable stock or just plain water
1. In a saucepan, add the diced carrots, diced potato and the diced apple.
2. Add the homemade vegetable stock or water if you are using just water.
3. Bring to the boil and continue to simmer at low heat for about 10 minutes or until tender. Add more stock or water if needed.
4. Add the nutmeg.
5. Remove from heat and transfer into a blender.
6. Puree until smooth.