Warm up with Bill Grangers chocolate self saucing pudding
Chocolate Pudding Lead
It’s around this time of the year where we start feeling the cold at nights and who doesn’t love a chocolate self saucing pudding?
You would swear there’s two chocolate blocks in there but the beauty of this recipe is that it utilises kitchen staples and delivers delicious results with minimum effort.
The cake part is incredibly sponge-y and the sauce, oh the SAUCE…. It’s molten chocolate gold!
Serve this pudding with a splodge or cream or ice-cream – and leftovers are just gorgeous on their own… that’s if you manage to have leftovers that is…
- 125g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120g caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 250 ml milk
- 85 g unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 185 g soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 250 ml boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Grease a medium baking tray or casserole dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Place the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Add the milk, butter, egg and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour into the greased baking tray or casserole dish. Set aside.
- Boil the water in a microwave proof jug in the microwave (about 2 minutes on high) then stir in the brown sugar and cocoa powder.
- Pour carefully over the pudding over the back of a large spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Melissa Klemke is a freelance writer and a family food enthusiast. She blogs food, fun and frugality of her family of five at Frills in the hills.