A US teen has undergone emergency surgery, needing 48 staples in his head after he attempted the "duct tape challenge."
Skylar Fish, 14, from Washington was with friends when he attempted the challenge, which involves being wrapped in duct tape, restraining all of your limbs, and trying to break free unassisted.
While trying to break free, Skylar's mum, Sarah Fish said her son fell and hit his head on the corning of a window.
"It crushed his whole eye socked, when his eye socket was crushed it, pinched off the nerve in his eye," she said. "His head also slammed into the concrete causing a brain aneurism."
"If his friend didn't flip him over when he was having a seizure and choking up blood, he could have died."
Skylar lost his vision and doesn't know if he will regain it in his injured eye.
Now, Sarah is warning others of the dangers involved with the duct tape challenge, and others challenges like it.
"I want people to stop and think that there are so many risks to any of these challenges," she told Kiro 7 News. "They're dangerous."
Photographs have also been shared on KIRO 7 journalist Siemny Kim's Facebook page to show the seriousness of Skylar's injuries.
As for Skylar, he remembers very little about his accident but says, "I'm just, actually, really lucky to be alive".