A British study has found that the touchscreens you use to order food in McDonald's restaurants carry traces of human poo.
An investigation was carried out in six London branches of the fast foodchain, and every McDonald's screen that was swabbed was found to have poo bacteria on them.
"We were all surprised how much gut and faecal bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines, London Metropolitan University's senior lecturer in microbiology Dr Paul Matawele said.
"These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals."
In the study conducted by Metro.co.uk and London Metropolitan University, the results of the swabs also showed listeria on the screens, which can cause sickness and diarrhoea and be fatal in extreme cases.
Traces of staphylococcus bacteria that can cause blood poisoning and toxic shock syndrome was also found.
"Our self-order screens are cleaned frequently throughout the day. All of our restaurants also provide facilities for customers to wash their hands before eating," A McDonald's spokesperson responded.