A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to high.
- Cut the capsicums into quarters and remove the seeds and membranes. Place them on the grill tray, skin side up. Grill (broil) for 5–10 minutes, or until the skins have blistered and blackened. Place the capsicum in a bowl, cover and allow to cool. Peel off the skin and cut the flesh into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, purée the tomatoes until smooth.
- Place the lamb in a slow cooker. Add the capsicum, puréed tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomato paste, sugar, rosemary and oregano sprigs. In a cup or small bowl, mix together the wine and stock. Pour over the lamb and stir together gently.
- Cover and cook on low for 3½ hours.
- Carefully turn the lamb over, then cover and cook for a further 3½ hours — the lamb should be falling off the bone.
- Carefully remove the lamb from the slow cooker and place on a chopping board. Carve into thick slices.
- Season the sauce in the slow cooker with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve the lamb drizzled with the sauce and garnished with thyme sprigs, with cannellini beans and steamed asparagus on the side.