Ants climbing trees
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
Minced Pork Coating Lustrous Bean Thread Noodles.
- 125 g (4 oz) minced pork or beef
- ½ teaspoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Shaoxing rice wine
- ½ teaspoon roasted sesame oil
- 125 g (4 oz) bean thread noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli bean paste (toban jiang), or to taste
- 2 spring onions (scallions), green part only, finely chopped
1. COMBINE the minced meat with the soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil. Soak the bean thread noodles in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain.
2. HEAT a wok over high heat, add the oil and heat until very hot. Stir-fry the minced meat, mashing and separating it, until it changes colour and starts to brown. Push the meat to the side of the wok, add the spring onion, ginger, garlic and chilli paste and stir-fry for 5 seconds, or until fragrant. Return the meat to the centre of the pan.
3. TO MAKE the sauce, combine all the ingredients. Add the sauce to the meat mixture and toss lightly. Add the noodles and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 8 minutes, or until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Sprinkle with the spring onion.