A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 80 g (2¾ oz/¼ cup) apricot jam
- 1 granny smith apple
- 2 teaspoons demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C (415°F/ Gas 6–7). Lightly grease a baking tray and place in the oven to heat.
2. Trim the corners from the pastry to make a neat circle (use a large plate as a guide).
3. Place the jam in a small saucepan and stir over low heat to warm through and thin. Strain through a sieve to remove any chunks of fruit. Brush over the puff pastry, leaving a 1.5 cm (½ in) border.
4. Peel, halve and core the apple, and cut into 2 mm (½ in) thick slices. Arrange over the pastry in an overlapping circular pattern, leaving a 1.5 cm (½ in) border around the edge. Sprinkle evenly with the sugar.
5. Place the galette on the prepared baking tray and bake for 35 minutes, or until the edge of the pastry is well browned and puffed.