A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 160 g (5½ oz) unsalted butter, cubed
- 185 g (6½ oz/¾ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons marmalade
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g (7 oz) dried apricots, chopped
- 125 g (4½ oz/1 cup) self-raising flour
- 40 g (1½ oz/1/3 cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
Lemon icing (frosting)
- 250 g (9 oz/2 cups) icing (confectioners’) sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the marmalade, vanilla and apricots and mix.
2. Stir in the combined sifted flours. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Divide in half.
3. Place each portion onto a sheet of baking paper and roll up in the paper to form logs 25 cm (10 inches) long. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until firm.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Cut the logs into 1 cm (½ inch) slices. Place on the trays. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
5. To make the icing, combine the icing sugar, lemon juice and 3 teaspoons of hot water. Put in a piping bag. Pipe stripes over the cookies.