A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 30 g (1 oz) butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 350 g (12 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 300 ml (10 1/2 fl oz) pouring (whipping) cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) dry white wine
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz/1/2 cup) grated parmesan cheese
- 375 g (13 oz) risoni
- 125 g (4 1/2 oz/2 cups) shredded English spinach
- toasted Italian bread, to serve
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan. Sauté the fennel over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until soft and caramelised.
2. Add the artichoke and cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Stir in the cream, mustard, wine and parmesan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the risoni in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente, then drain well.
4. Add the risoni and spinach to the sauce and cook until the spinach has just wilted. Serve with toasted Italian bread.