Asian greens with coconut rice
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 stems lemon grass, white part only, bruised and cut into 5 cm lengths
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup (200 g) jasmine rice
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 2–3 fresh kaffir lime leaves, crushed
- 800 g Chinese broccoli, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the lemon grass, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes (do not burn). Stir in the rice for 2 minutes, or until coated.
2. Add the coconut milk, lime leaves and 2 cups (500 ml) water. Cook, covered, over low heat for 15–20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
3. Steam the broccoli until just wilted. Place on a platter and drizzle with the combined kecap manis and lime juice. Serve with the coconut rice.