A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 12 oysters, on the shell
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 × 2 cm (¾ × ¾ inch) piece ginger, cut into julienne strips
- 2 spring onions (scallions), finely sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- coriander (cilantro) leaves, to garnish
1. Line a large steamer with baking paper and punch with holes. Arrange the oysters in a single layer on top.
2. Put the garlic, ginger and spring onion in a bowl, mix together well, then sprinkle over the oysters. Spoon 1 teaspoon of soy sauce over each oyster and cover the steamer with a lid. Sit the steamer over a wok or saucepan of simmering water and steam for about 2 minutes.
3. Heat the peanut oil in a small saucepan until smoking and carefully drizzle a little over each oyster. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve immediately.