A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 200 g (7 oz/2⅔ cups) finely shredded red cabbage
- 175 g (6 oz/3¾ cups) finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shaved using a vegetable peeler
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced lengthways (optional)
- 80 g (2¾ oz/¾ cup) thinly sliced snow peas (mangetout)
- a small handful of Thai basil leaves, torn
- 50 g (1¾ oz/⅓ cup) chopped roasted peanuts
Creamy ginger dressing
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 90 g (3¼ oz/⅓ cup) light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 garlicclove
1. Put all the cabbage in a large salad bowl. Add the carrot, onion, chilli (if using), snow peas, Thai basil and half the roasted peanuts and toss well.
2. Put all the creamy ginger dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Season to taste with sea salt.
3. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and toss well. Serve at room temperature, scattered with the remaining peanuts.