Have your say
- 1 1/2 cups Sanitarium So Good soy drink
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain white flour
- 3/4 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon plain white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 1/4 cups Sanitarium So Good soy drink
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated soy cheese (or low-fat cheese)
- 340 g can asparagus spears, drained
1. For Waffles: Place So Good and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add sifted flours and stir until smooth.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff with electric mixer.
4. Add boiling water to egg yolks and beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Fold egg-yolk mixture into egg whites, then fold egg mixture into batter.
6. Heat non-stick waffle iron. Add 1/4 cup of mixture into each compartment of hot waffle iron. Close lid and cook until waffles are crisp and brown.
7. Continue until all the batter is gone (make 12 waffles).
8. For Topping: Melt margarine in a medium saucepan (or microwave on HIGH [100%] for 40 seconds).
9. Add flour and curry powder and stir over medium heat for 1 minute (or microwave on HIGH [100%] for 1 minute).
10. Remove from heat and gradually add So Good. Return to heat and stir continuously (or microwave on HIGH [100%] for 3 1/2 minutes, stirring after every minute) until thickened.
11. Remove from heat and stir through basil, salt and soy cheese. Reheat but do not boil.
12. To serve: Heat asparagus spears and drain. Place asparagus on waffles and spoon sauce over.