Asparagus with basil tomatoes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 4 egg tomatoes, peeled
- 300 g (10 oz) asparagus
- 50 g (1¾ oz) butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon shredded basil
- ½ cup (50 g/1¾ oz) grated Parmesan
1. Cut each tomato into 4 wedges and remove the seeds. Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, cover and keep warm.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add the garlic, tomato, sugar and wine and toss over high heat for 45 seconds. Season and add the basil.
3. Spoon the tomato mixture over the asparagus and top with the grated Parmesan. Serve immediately.