Asparagus with tangy herb sauce
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 6 × 250 g bunches asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
Tangy herb sauce
- 1 cup watercress leaves, stalks removed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Add asparagus to a pan of boiling water, cook over high heat for 4 minutes or until tender but not mushy, drain.
2. To make Tangy Herb Sauce: Combine watercress and mint leaves in blender or food processor bowl, blend 1 minute or until finely chopped. Add sour cream, cream and lemon juice, blend 1 minute or until combined. Transfer mixture to medium pan, stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until hot.
3. Divide asparagus into eight portions and serve each with a spoonful of Tangy Herb Sauce, sprinkled with chives.