A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 450 g (1 lb) tin sliced pineapple
- 280 g (10 oz) Swiss roll (jelly roll)
- 6 scoops strawberry ice cream or store-bought
- 4 egg whites
- 145 g (5 1/2 oz/ 2/3 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F/Gas 8). Drain the pineapple slices, reserving the juice.
2. Cut the Swiss roll into six 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick slices. Put them on a baking tray and brush lightly with the pineapple juice. Top each with a slice of pineapple and a scoop of ice cream, then freeze while making the meringue.
3. Put the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating until glossy and stiff. Spread the meringue roughly over the ice cream and bake for 2-3 minutes, or until light golden brown. Serve immediately.