Baked almond and marzipan peaches
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 3 large ripe, firm peaches
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz/ 1/3 cup) roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz/ 1/3 cup) whole blanched almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons marzipan, chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- thick (double/heavy) cream or crème anglaise, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F/Gas 3). Lightly grease a roasting tin or a large baking dish.
2. Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones. Remove and finely chop any flesh remaining on the stones, then place in a bowl. Add the chocolate, almonds, marzipan, sugar, butter and egg yolk and mix well.
3. Place the peaches, skin side down, in the roasting tin. Divide the stuffing among the peaches, pressing it firmly onto each peach and heaping it slightly if necessary. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the peaches have softened and the filling is bubbling.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature, with thick cream or crème anglaise.