Baked chicken nuggets
This recipe is great competition for its fast food counterparts because it uses premium ingredients that are nutritious, tasty and fun to eat.
Have your say
- 40 g (1½ oz/1⅓ cups) corn-based cereal flakes
- 400 g (14 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- plain (all-purpose) flour, for dusting
- 1 egg white
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Process the corn-based cereal flakes in a food processor, blender or in a mortar with a pestle, to make fine crumbs.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Toss in seasoned flour then in lightly beaten egg white. Roll each piece in the cereal-flake crumbs until well coated.
3. Lightly grease a baking tray with oil and place the nuggets on it. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.