Baked stuffed mushrooms
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 16 large flat mushrooms
- 60 g (2 oz) butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ Cup (125 g/4 oz) ricotta cheese
- 75 g (2½ oz) goats cheese, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Brush a baking tray with melted butter or oil. Wipe the mushrooms gently with a soft damp cloth to remove any excess dirt. Remove the mushroom stalks from the caps. Melt the butter in a small pan, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until golden. Brush the inside of the mushroom caps lightly with half of the garlic butter.
2. Combine the ricotta, goats cheese, chives and thyme in a small bowl, and season with black pepper. Spread the filling on the flat side of half of the mushrooms and top with the remaining mushrooms.
3. Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking tray and brush the tops with the remaining garlic butter. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and cooked. Serve immediately.