A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Lightly grease a 20 × 30 cm (8 × 12 in) baking tin and line with baking paper, hanging over the two long sides.
- Sift the flour and 1 tablespoon of the icing sugar into a bowl, add 50 g (l¾ oz) of the butter and rub it in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons cold water and mix with a flat-bladed knife until the mixture comes together in beads. Gather into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for minutes.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper, remove the paper and put in the tin, pressing into the edges. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Beat the remaining butter and the caster sugar with electric beaters until creamy. Add the eggs and fold in the ground almonds and almond extract.
- Spread the jam over the pastry base and pour over the filling. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake for 30–35 minutes, or until firm. Allow to cool.
- Sift the remaining icing sugar into a bowl and mix in 2 teaspoons warm water. Drizzle over the slice in a zigzag pattern and leave to set. Trim the edges and cut into squares.