Banana sour cream cupcakes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 185 g (6½ oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 230 g (8½ oz/1 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 310 g (11 oz/2½ cups) self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 185 g (6½ oz/¾ cup) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 300 g/10½ oz)
Honey cream icing (frosting)
- 80 g (2¾ oz) cream cheese, softened
- 50 g (1¾ oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 250 g (9 oz/2 cups) icing (confectioners') sugar, sifted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Line 24 standard muffin holes with paper cases.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl using electric beaters for 5–6 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together. Add the sour cream and maple syrup to the mashed banana and mix well. Fold the flour mixture alternately with the banana mixture in the butter mixture until well combined.
4. Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cake. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
5. To make the honey cream icing, place the cream cheese and butter in a small bowl and beat with electric beaters until smooth. Add the honey and icing sugar and beat until smooth and well combined. Decorate each cake generously with the icing.