A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 small red onions, diced
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (concentrated puree)
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) dry white wine
- 2 × 440 g (15½ oz) tins red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 200 g (7 oz) corn chips
- 90 g (3¼ oz/⅔ cup) grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream, to serve
1. Score a cross in the base of each tomato. Put them in a bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds, then plunge into cold water and peel the skin away from the cross. Cut in half and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Chop the tomato flesh.
2. Mix together the avocado, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onion, chilli, oregano, cumin and chilli powder over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the tomato, tomato paste and wine and cook for 5 minutes, or until the liquid reduces. Add the beans and coriander.
4. Divide the corn chips into four portions on heatproof plates. Top with the bean mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Flash under a hot grill (broiler) until the cheese melts. Serve with the avocado mixture and sour cream.