Beat it, bake it chocolate cake
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1⅓ cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1½ teaspoons imitation vanilla essence
- 300 ml cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon chocolate topping
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush the tin/s with melted butter or oil, line the base and sides with paper; grease the paper.
2. Sift flour with remaining dry ingredients into large mixer bowl. Make a well in the centre.
3. Pour combined eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla onto dry ingredients, beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
4. Beat mixture on high speed for 3 minutes or until mixture is free of lumps and increased in volume.
5. Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake.
6. Stand cake in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool. Combine the whipped cream and chocolate topping. Spread mixture over cake. Top with grated chocolate curls.