A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- Melt the redcurrant jelly over medium heat. Remove from the heat, stir in the orange juice and set aside until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Place the cream, mascarpone, icing sugar, vanilla essence and cinnamon in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, whisk until soft peaks form.
- Cut the biscuits in half and dip in the Marsala. Arrange half over the base of a 3.25 litre serving bowl.
- Sprinkle a third of the berries over the biscuits and drizzle with half of the Marsala and a third of the redcurrant sauce. Spoon half the cream mixture over the sauce. Repeat the layering with the remaining half of the dipped biscuits and Marsala, a third of the berries and sauce, and the remaining cream.
- Arrange the remaining berries over the cream in a mound in the centre of the bowl. Reserve the final third of the redcurrant sauce, cover and refrigerate. Cover the trifle with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight. Before serving, pour the reserved redcurrant sauce over the berries to glaze. (Gently reheat the sauce if the consistency is too thick.)