A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 6 large white fish fillets (eg. blue-eye, snapper, ling, warehou, mahi mahi), 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick
- 125 g (4 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spices
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- lemon wedges or halves, for serving
1. Brush each fish fillet liberally with the butter.
2. Combine the Cajun spices and paprika, then sprinkle thickly over the fish. Use your fingers to rub the spice mix evenly over the fillets.
3. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Place two fillets in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn and cook for another few minutes, until the fish is cooked and flakes easily. The surface should be well charred on each side. Add extra butter if necessary. Cook the remaining fillets.
4. Serve drizzled with any remaining melted butter. The lemon can be served lightly charred.