Black-eyed bean salad
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- ¾ cup (150 g/5 oz) dried black-eyed beans
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 35 g (1¼ oz) rocket leaves
1. Put the black-eyed beans in a large bowl. Cover with water and leave to soak overnight. Drain, put in a pan and cover with water. Cook for 15 minutes, then drain. Cover with fresh water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
2. Drain the beans and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the balsamic vinegar, oil, sugar and onion. Cover and set aside to cool. Add the tomato, thyme, mint and basil, and toss gently to combine.
3. Arrange the salad on a bed of rocket leaves to serve.