Blueberry and lemon cheesecake
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 cup plain flour
- pinch salt
- 90 g butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 375 g cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- ½ cup thick cream (or sour cream)
- 1 punnet (250 g) blueberries
- ½ cup cream, extra
- 1 punnet (250 g) blueberries, extra
1. Preheat oven to moderate 180°C. Brush a 22 cm round springform tin with melted butter or oil. Line base with paper; grease paper. Place flour, salt and butter in food processor bowl. Process 30 seconds or until mixture is fine and crumbly. Add egg yolk and lemon juice; process further 10 seconds or until mixture comes together. Turn onto lightly floured surface. Press together until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and Refrigerate 15 minutes.
2. Roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper large enough to cover base and sides of prepared tin. Cut a sheet of greaseproof paper large enough to cover pastry-lined tin. Spread a layer of dried beans or rice evenly over paper. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; discard paper, beans/rice. Return to oven and bake for a further 10 minutes; cool.
3. To make filling: Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese, sugar and rind until light and creamy. Add eggs gradually, beating well after each addition. Add juice, beat until combined. Sift over cornflour and fold through cream. Scatter blueberries over pastry base. Pour over cream cheese mixture. Bake 30–35 minutes or until firm. Leave to cool.
4. Decorate edge with whipped cream. Fill with blueberries. Serve dusted with icing sugar.