A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 230 g feta, crumbled
- 3/4 cup (185 g) cream cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to warm 170°C (325°F/Gas 3). Place the feta, cream cheese, egg and nutmeg in a bowl and mash together with a fork.
2. Place a layer of filo pastry on a work surface. Lightly brush with melted butter or olive oil. Lay four more sheets on top, buttering each one as you go. (Cover the unused filo with a damp tea towel so that it doesn't dry out.) Lay the sheets lengthways on your workbench and, using a sharp knife, cut the pastry into four even vertical strips.
3. Place ¼ cup of the filling in the centre and about 2.5 cm from the bottom of the first strip. Fold the corner across the filling and continue to fold, as if you were folding a flag, until the strip is all folded. Tuck any excess under.
4. Place the triangle seam-side-down on a greased baking tray. Repeat with the remaining filling and filo pastry. Brush the tops with the melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake the pastries for 25–30 minutes, or until well browned. Serve immediately.