A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 kg all-purpose potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 ml chicken or vegetable stock
1. Preheat the oven to moderately hot 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Lightly grease a 1-litre shallow ovenproof dish and arrange a single layer of overlapping potato slices in the base of the dish.
2. Sprinkle over a little of the garlic and season with some salt and black pepper. Repeat the layers with the remaining potato, the garlic, some salt and black pepper.
3. Pour the chicken or vegetable stock over the potato and bake for 1 hour, uncovered, or until the potato is tender and the top is crisp and golden brown.