Capsicum pizza tart
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal or semolina
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 30 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium red capsicum
- 1 medium green capsicum
- 1 medium yellow capsicum
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to moderate 180°C. Brush a 30 cm pizza tray with melted butter or oil, sprinkle with cornmeal or semolina. Sift flours into a large mixing bowl, add cheese and butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour for 1 minute or until the mixture is fine and crumbly. Add almost all the milk, mix to a soft dough, adding more milk if necessary. Turn onto a lightly floured board. Roll out and line prepared pizza tray.
2. Remove seeds and membrane from capsicum, cut into 1 cm strips. Heat oil in a frying pan, cook onion and capsicum over low heat 10 minutes, until soft. Leave to cool.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta and herbs. Spread over pastry, leaving a 2 cm border. Arrange the capsicum over ricotta, bake for 25 minutes, until pastry is golden. Serve warm.