Carrot and cardamom muffins
Muffins are a great ‘anywhere, anytime’ snack. These ones are sweetened naturally with honey and orange juice, and a little cardamom gives an extra kick!
Have your say
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- ¼ cup (90 g/3 oz) honey
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 cup (250 ml/8 fl oz) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (250 g/8 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
1. Preheat the oven to hot 220°C (425°F/Gas 7) and oil a 12-hole, ½ cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) capacity muffin tin. Mix together the carrot, honey, oil, orange juice and rind and eggs in a bowl.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and cardamom into the bowl and stir quickly until just combined. Do not overmix—it should look lumpy.
3. Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden. Cool in the tin for 2 minutes, then turn out and serve warm.