A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 500 g carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup (90 g) fine matzo meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped chives
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the carrot and onion, and boil for 30 minutes, or until the carrot is tender. Drain. Place in a food processor with the cinnamon, ginger, garlic, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon white pepper, and process until smooth. Stir in the orange rind and cool slightly.
2. Lightly beat the egg yolks and, in a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to firm peaks. Stir the yolks into the carrot mixture, then fold in the egg whites. Gently fold in the matzo meal and chives.
3. Lightly grease a 2 litre capacity non-stick ring tin, pour in the mixture, and bake for 30 minutes, or until well set. Cool slightly before turning out.