Cathedral window cookies
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 200 g (7 oz) unsalted butter
- 170 g (6 oz/3/4 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 310 g (11 oz/2 1/2 cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 4 tablespoons crushed green boiled sweets (candy)
- 4 tablespoons crushed red boiled sweets (candy)
- 4 tablespoons crushed yellow boiled sweets (candy)
1. Place on the trays. Use small fluted cutters to cut out windows in the middle of the cookies. Fill the spaces with crushed boiled sweets, level with the surface of the cookie. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stand on the tray for 2 minutes before transferring with the baking paper to a wire rack to cool.