A recipe from the Good Food collection. Replace nuts with sprinkles or crushed lollies if needed.
Have your say
- 3 large bananas, peeled and cut into 3 pieces
- 9 wooden iceblock (popsicle) sticks
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 20g white vegetable shortening (Copha)
- 80g (1/2 cup) crushed nuts (you can also use sprinkles or crushed sweets)
1. Line a baking tray with foil. Carefully push an iceblock stick into each piece of banana. Place on the tray and freeze for 2 hours, or until firm.
2. Combine the chocolate and shortening in a small heatproof bowl. Stand the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Working one at a time, dip each banana piece into the hot chocolate mixture and drain off any excess chocolate. Roll half of each chocolate-coated banana in the crushed nuts. Place on the tray. Refrigerate until the chocolate has set, then wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.