A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 strawberries, cut into quarters
- 10 blueberries
- 8 raspberries
- 3 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 1½ teaspoons gelatine
- 320 ml (11 fl oz) Champagne
1. Put the berries in a small saucepan with the sugar and a tablespoon of water and heat them gently until they give off some juice and the sugar melts. Divide them between two glasses.
2. Put 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine on top of it in an even layer. Leave it to sit for a few minutes, by which time it will have soaked up some of the water and turned jellyish. Now melt the gelatine by either pouring it into a small saucepan and putting it over a low heat, or heating it gently in the microwave for a minute. Don't let it boil or it will lose its setting ability.
3. Gradually stir the Champagne into the gelatine, making sure it is well mixed.
4. Pour into the glasses, stirring once or twice. Put the glasses in the fridge to set — this should take about 2 hours.