Chargrilled baby octopus
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Chargrilled baby octopus with soy and hoisin marinade.
Have your say
- 1kg baby octopus
- ¾ cup (185ml) red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
1. Wash the octopus thoroughly and wipe dry with paper towel. Use a small sharp knife to cut off the heads. Discard the heads. If the octopus are large, cut the tentacles in half.
2. Put the octopus in a large bowl. Combine the wine, vinegar, sauces and garlic in a jug and pour over the octopus. Stir to coat thoroughly, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours, or overnight.
3. Heat the grill or barbecue hotplate to high. Drain the octopus, reserving the marinade. Cook the octopus, in batches, on a lightly greased hotplate for 3–5 minutes, until the octopus flesh turns white. Brush the reserved marinade over the octopus during cooking. Serve warm or cold.