Cheese and chive roulade
Have your say
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain white flour
- ¾ cup Sanitarium So Good soy drink
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 310 g can creamed corn
- ¼ cup grated soy cheese (or low-fat cheese)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ¼ cup grated soy cheese (or low-fat cheese), extra for top
1. Heat margarine and garlic in a medium saucepan over a medium heat until margarine is melted (or microwave on HIGH [100%] for 1 minute).
2. Add flour and stir over medium heat for 1 minute (or microwave on HIGH [100%] for 1 minute).
3. Remove from heat and gradually add So Good. Return to heat and stir continuously (or microwave on HIGH [100%] for 2 minutes, stirring after every minute) until mixture boils and thickens.
4. Remove from heat, cool slightly; mix in two lightly beaten egg yolks and salt.
5. Place three egg whites in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
6. Gently fold beaten egg whites into sauce.
7. Spread mixture into a lightly greased and lined 25 × 30 cm Swiss roll tin.
8. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Combine Filling ingredients.
10. Turn cooked roulade out onto a damp tea-towel covered with baking paper. Carefully remove paper lining from roulade.
11. Spread roulade with Filling and roll up from the short end.
12. Place roulade back onto tray. Sprinkle with extra soy cheese and bake 10 minutes more or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.