Chick pea and ricotta burgers
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 400 g can chick peas, drained
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- oil for shallow frying
- 4 wholemeal bread rolls
- 2 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
1. Combine chick peas, spring onions, parsley and garlic in food processor bowl or blender. Process for 10 seconds or until ingredients are just combined. Press ingredients together in the hands. Divide mixture into four, press into flat patties.
2. Dust patties with flour; shake off excess. Dip patties into egg, coat with breadcrumbs.
3. Heat oil in a heavy-based pan; add patties. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove, drain on paper towel.
4. To make Ricotta Filling: Combine ricotta, celery, mustard and chives. Mix well. Split bread rolls in half, spread with mayonnaise. Top rolls with patties, ricotta filling and alfalfa sprouts. Serve.