Chicken and Egg Korma Curry
Make as mild or as spicy as your family likes, this chicken and egg korma is sure to be a favourite this winter.
Recipe brought to you by Sunny Qeen Farms www.eggsforsoldiers.com.au
Have your say
• 4 Sunny Queen Eggs for Soldiers eggs, at room temperature
• 650g chicken thigh fillets
• 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
• 1 large onion, roughly chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled
• 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
• 2 tablespoons Korma or mild curry paste
• 1 cup natural yoghurt
• 3 tablespoons ground almonds (almond meal)
• 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
• 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 2-3 tablespoons thickened cream
1. Cover eggs with cold water and put on to boil. When water is simmering, turn heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes. When cooked, transfer to a bowl of cold water.
2. Cut chicken into 4 cm pieces and season lightly with salt and pepper. Heat the butter or ghee in a frying pan and brown chicken on all sides. Remove to a plate.
3. Chop onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor or blender until almost smooth, pour into the pan used for the chicken and saute for about 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add curry paste and half the yoghurt and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Return the chicken and any juices from the plate, and stir in remaining yoghurt, sugar, ground almonds and 1 cup water, salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
5. Shell the eggs and slice or cut into quarters. Add eggs, tomatoes and cream to the curry. Check for seasoning and simmer gently for 1-2 minutes. Serve with basmati rice.
When shopping for these kid friendly egg recipes, add Eggs for Soldiers free range eggs to your basket where by 30c from every pack supports returned soldiers. Find out more at www.eggsforsoldiers.com.au
Sunny Queen’s Eggs for Soldiers are free range and available at Coles supermarkets as a large 500g 10 pack, RRP $5.69 (QLD, NSW, VIC, SA, TAS)