Kids love meals that don't involve a knife and a fork. Boost their daily fibre intake by serving the satays on a bed of brown rice with steamed green beans and broccoli, great for dipping in any extra satay sauce.
Have your say
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp shaved palm sugar (jaggery) or soft brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/⅓ cup) oil
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 1 small handful coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 tbsp fried shallots
- peanut sauce, warmed, to serve
1. Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water to prevent scorching. To make the marinade, combine the curry powder, fish sauce, palm sugar, garlic and oil in a bowl.
2. Thread each chicken tenderloin onto a bamboo skewer and place in a shallow ceramic or glass dish. Pour the marinade over the skewers, turning to coat the chicken. Cover and chill for 3 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat the barbecue or a chargrill pan to high. Cook the chicken skewers, turning several times, for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Arrange the chicken skewers on a plate, sprinkle with the coriander and fried shallots and serve with a bowl of the warm satay sauce, for dipping. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.