Chicken sloppy joe
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, chopped
- ¼ cup light olive or mustard seed oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, finely sliced
- 250 g flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 210 g can creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 fresh or frozen pizza bases, mini size
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, extra
1. Place chicken in food processor. Process 20–30 seconds or until finely minced. Heat oil in large frying pan; add garlic, onion and leek. Cook over medium heat 5–10 minutes or until soft and golden. Increase heat; add sliced mushrooms. Cook mushrooms 2–3 minutes or until soft. Stir in paprika, salt, pepper and chicken. Continue to cook over medium heat 5–6 minutes, stirring to break up any lumps as the chicken cooks.
2. Add flour, cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring continually, and cook until mixture boils and thickens. Add creamed corn, mint and chilli sauce. Stir until mixture is heated through. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.
3. Place pizza bases on cold grill tray. Toast each side lightly under preheated grill. Sprinkle each with cheese, grill until cheese has melted. Place pizza bases on 4 serving plates. Spread chicken mixture on each and top with extra mint leaves.