Chicken with lemon, parsley, pecorino and orecchiette
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 375g dried orecchiette or other pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 60g butter
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large handfuls of finely chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 90g (1 cup) grated pecorino cheese
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and half the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the chicken breasts and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side, then remove from the pan — the chicken will not be quite cooked through.
3. Add the lemon juice, parsley, pine nuts and remaining butter to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes, or until the butter has melted and the mixture is well combined. Return the chicken breasts to the pan and cook over low heat for 3–4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, turning once. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Pour the pan juices over the pasta. Add the pecorino to the pasta, toss well, then divide among four warmed bowls. Top each bowl with a chicken breast and serve immediately with lemon wedges.