Chilli bean tortilla wraps
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- Chilli beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum (pepper), seeded, cored and chopped
- 2 small red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 440 g (15 1/2 oz) tin crushed tomatoes
- 440 g (15 1/2 oz) tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (tomato purée)
- 12 x 20 cm (8 inch) soft flour tortillas
- 225 g (8 oz) Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 250 g (1 cup) sour cream coriander (cilantro) sprigs, to garnish
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1. To make the chilli beans, heat the oil in a saucepan over low heat and cook the garlic, onion and capsicum, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, or until the onion and capsicum have softened. Add the chilli, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, sugar, tomato, beans, tomato paste and 125 ml (1/2 cup) water. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until it is thickened and reduced.
2. To assemble the wraps, put some of the chilli beans along the middle of each tortilla, sprinkle it with 2 tablespoons of the cheese and roll it up. Put three rolls, seam-side down, on a double layer of foil and seal the foil to form a parcel. Preheat a barbecue flat plate to low-medium direct heat and grill the parcels for 6-8 minutes on each side or until they are heated through.
3. Unwrap the foil parcels and slide the tortillas onto serving plates. Top them with the sour cream, garnish with coriander sprigs and serve them with the lime wedges. Even better, add some guacamole and tomato salsa.