Chilli bean tortilla wraps
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- Chilli beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 2 small red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 440 g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
12 soft flour tortillas (20 cm round)
- 225 g (¾ cups) grated cheddar cheese
- 250 g (1 cup) sour cream
- coriander sprigs, to garnish
- lime wedges, to serve
1. To make the chilli beans, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat and sauté the onion, garlic and capsicum for 8-10 minutes, or until softened. Add the remaining ingredients and ½ cup water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the mixture has reduced. Season to taste.
2. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue flat plate to low-medium. Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Put some chilli beans along the middle of each tortilla, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the cheese and roll up. Put three rolls, seam side down, on a double layer of foil, then seal the foil to form a parcel. Grill the parcels for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until heated through.
3. Unwrap the foil parcels and slide the tortillas onto serving plates. Top with the sour cream, scatter with coriander and serve with lime wedges.